Issue N° 2 · 2026
Stories from the edges
of the everyday, told slowly.
A journal of travel mishaps, marketplace chaos and the small human moments that turn into the best stories.
Most Loved
- Travel & Culture
Embracing the Unscripted: A Journey Through Travel Culture Discovery
55 - Arts & Creativity
Debunking the Creative Genius Myth
48 - Travel & Culture
Stepping Into the Crumbling Lighthouse: A Slow‑Travel Tale of Lantern Light and Sea
30 - Arts & Creativity
Morning Ignition: A Bus Driver Turns Routine Into a Musical Journey
30 - Personal Finance
When Payday Meets a Car Breakdown: A Single Mom’s Cash‑Pause Turnaround
30
Life & Laughter
29 stories in this topic
Life & Laughter
Lost on the Wrong Bus: A Half‑Eaten Churro Leads Me to Senior Bingo
When a bus driver announces “Bingo Hall,” I step off clutching a question‑mark churro, only to find myself amid senior citizens, daubers, and unexpected camaraderie.
22 min read27Life & Laughter
Lost in a Taxi: A Baguette, A Stranger, and My Life
A chaotic taxi ride with a sentient baguette reveals the humor in getting lost and the absurdity of travel mishaps.
19 min read30Life & Laughter
Lost in Paris: A Journey of Chaos and Connection
Getting lost in Paris leads to unexpected encounters and stories of travel chaos and human moments
11 min read23Life & Laughter
Lost in a Wedding Procession
Accidentally joining a wedding procession in a small Indian town leads to a chaotic and joyful adventure, filled with funny stories, life humor, travel mishaps, and human moments that make life worth living
10 min read20Life & Laughter
Laughing Through Life's Detours
Sharing funny stories of travel mishaps and human moments to cope with life's chaos
29 min read21Life & Laughter
Laughing Through Language Barriers and Life's Unexpected Moments
Discover the humor in travel mishaps and human connections that make life worthwhile, through funny stories, life, humor, travel mishaps, and human moments
10 min read27Life & Laughter
Wrong Bus, Right Story
Travel mishaps and human moments combine in a humorous tale of wrong turns and new connections, full of funny stories, life, humor, travel mishaps, and human moments
10 min read30Life & Laughter
Cooking Up Chaos at Family Reunion
Family reunion cooking disaster unfolds with burnt turkey, inedible mashed potatoes, and hilarious moments of connection
11 min read26Life & Laughter
Embracing Chaos in the Marketplace
Laughter and connection in the midst of chaos, finding humor in life's unexpected moments
25 min read20Life & Laughter
Rainy Doubts
I'm sitting at my desk, watching the rain drum against the window, and I'm thinking about the time I accidentally ordered a still-moving octopus at a restaurant in Japan. It was a funny story, or so I thought, until I started telling it to my friend and realized that the humor was not in the situation itself, but in the details. As I sit here, listening to the rain, I start to think about all the times I've found humor in the mundane.
9 min readLife & Laughter
Stuck on a Train: Finding Humor in Travel Mishaps
Stranded on a broken-down train, a group of strangers come together to share funny stories and laughter, finding community in chaos, and reminding us that even in the most unexpected moments, we can find humor, and human connection.
10 min readLife & Laughter
Stranded in the Desert with a Childhood Blanket
Stranded on a desert highway, a childhood blanket brings comfort and unexpected connections
11 min read