Issue N° 2 · 2026
Stories from the edges
of the everyday, told slowly.
A journal of travel mishaps, marketplace chaos and the small human moments that turn into the best stories.
Most Loved
- Travel & Culture
Embracing the Unscripted: A Journey Through Travel Culture Discovery
55 - Arts & Creativity
Debunking the Creative Genius Myth
48 - Travel & Culture
Stepping Into the Crumbling Lighthouse: A Slow‑Travel Tale of Lantern Light and Sea
30 - Arts & Creativity
Morning Ignition: A Bus Driver Turns Routine Into a Musical Journey
30 - Personal Finance
When Payday Meets a Car Breakdown: A Single Mom’s Cash‑Pause Turnaround
30
Arts & Creativity
28 stories in this topic
Arts & Creativity
Fading Light on My Desk
I sit at my desk, surrounded by the remnants of a day's work. The light outside is fading, casting a warm orange glow over the cluttered space. I've spent the last few hours staring at a blank page, trying to will the words into existence. It's a familiar feeling, one that I've grown accustomed to over the years. The struggle to create, to bring something into being from nothing, is a constant companion.
9 min readArts & Creativity
Fading Light
I spent three years working on a novel that nobody read. I finished it, which is important, because finishing something is a feat in itself. I make things because not making them feels worse. That's the whole explanation, and I've tried to dress it up in more sophisticated language, but it never quite fits as well. My experience with creativity is that it's a messy, often frustrating process.
9 min readArts & Creativity
The Drawer Where I Keep the Finished Things Nobody Sees
The print shop guy did not ask why I wanted one copy. Just one. Not ten for friends, not fifty for a reading, not the minimum run that would qualify for a bulk discount. One copy of a 287-page novel that had taken three years to finish and would likely never be read by anyone except the person who wrote it.
9 min readArts & Creativity
Making for No One
Three years of work, one copy, cardboard box. I carried it to my car like it was a sleeping animal I did not want to wake up. Making things for no one, I was learning, has its own specific weight.
8 min read